[ELDK] using other clocks with timer_create

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Sep 24 13:54:09 CEST 2008

Dear Seimon,

In message <74CE1D9764EDBF4989C259DC7E8FF2620D78A988CF at exch-svr.Remsdaq.co.uk> you wrote:

> Unfortunately I noticed the same line in the eldk supplied kernel's unistd.h. So I wasn't very hopeful, and I dug around some more. I realised that the glibc is being built with the linuxthreads option where the linuxthreads/sysdeps/pthread/timer_create
> .c has
> if (clock__id != CLOCK_REALTIME) __set_errno(EINVAL);
>
> I guess that's why I'm getting EINVAL!

Indeed.

> It looks like the only way I'll be able to get CLOCK_MONOTONIC is by compiling the glibc for *arm* with nptl instead of linuxthreads, but looking at the crosstool matrix it doesn't look like it builds. I may have to rethink the timers I'm using.

Correct. With the version of the tools you have NPTL support for  ARM
is  not possible yet. It will be supported in ELDK 4.2 for ARM (to be
released later this year).

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Brontosaurus Principle: Organizations  can  grow  faster  than  their
brains  can manage them in relation to their environment and to their
own physiology: when this occurs, they are an endangered species.
                                                - Thomas K. Connellan