[ELDK] HOWTO enable USB host controller on kilauea (ppc405ex)?

L H swdevgid at gmail.com
Fri Aug 7 21:52:30 CEST 2009

Can someone please provide me some instructions or point me someplace
on the web to learn how to enable the USB host controller on a
kilauea?

I git-cloned linux-2.6-denx yesterday and examined the
40x/kilauea_defconfig.  It appears, based on various google searches
and docs I've read, to me that the embedded USB functionality within
the ppc405ex does not conform to either the OHCI or EHCI host
controller interfaces, but instead perhaps requires an "OTG" driver.
However, I'm confused by the kilauea_defconfig's USB-related config
vals:

CONFIG_USB_SUPPORT=y
CONFIG_USB_ARCH_HAS_HCD=y
CONFIG_USB_ARCH_HAS_OHCI=y
CONFIG_USB_ARCH_HAS_EHCI=y
CONFIG_USB=y
CONFIG_USB_ANNOUNCE_NEW_DEVICES=y
CONFIG_USB_DEVICEFS=y
CONFIG_USB_DEVICE_CLASS=y
CONFIG_USB_STORAGE=y

Will the above, alone, enable USB host functionality, or do I need to
somehow enable "OTG"?  Snooping through the USB driver Kconfig's I see
reference to OTG, but after running "make ARCH=powerpc menuconfig" I
couldn't see anywhere within the USB menus any mention of OTG other
than  *** OTG and related infrastructure ***, but then nothing below
that.  I also stepped into the "USB Gadget Support", but no OTG
entries there either.

Any and all help is MUCH appreciated!

--
Lance H