[ELDK] Discrepancy in Denx PowerPC termios.h header

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Sat Aug 15 21:11:31 CEST 2009

Dear Ryan_D_Phillips at Dell.com,

In message <C602DB4CB80BF54194816250C56A2C11020EA34E at ausx3mpc112.aus.amer.dell.com> you wrote:

> We are using a very old 1.0 version of Busybox in a legacy system (with
> a newer 2.6.25.5 kernel) using the PPC architecture of the kernel (not
> the powerpc architecture, if it makes a difference). The bug we are
> trying to fix is on line 710 of the stty utility [1]. The memory compare
> fails and the "unable to perform all requested operations" error is
> displayed.

I just built BB 1.0 on a Fedora 10 x86 box, and I cannot see any
such issues, even though the same header files are used.

I also tested in on a PPC6xx system (MPC5200 based), and it worked
just fine.

> Does this look like a toolchain issue, kernel issue, or userland issue?
> Or are we going down the wrong path?

Something is fishy here, but I'm not able to reproduce  the  problem.
Not in native Fedora, nor with ELDK 4.2. Any chance that something is
inconsistent  in  your  setup? Like using different runtime libraries
than the one your applications were linked against?

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
In English, every word can be verbed.  Would that it were  so  in our
programming languages.