[ELDK] Lite5200B and USB Mass Storage

FIXED-TERM Seeh Thomas (BEG/EMS1) fixed-term.Thomas.Seeh at de.bosch.com
Tue Aug 25 14:14:24 CEST 2009

Hi,

I'm trying to get USB to work on my LITE5200b board, but anything seems not working well.
I downloaded the latest kernel on the denx git repository (linuxppx_2_4_devel) and the latest u-boot (1.1.6)
Source.
The kernel and u-boot are  working fine, I think so.
I have select the  "default" configuration lite5200b_config and changed then the kernel config for usb mass storage support.
I used the following how-to for setting it up,
http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/Flash-Memory-HOWTO/index.html

I used the following commands:
        make mrproper
        make menuconfig (and load lite5200b_config)
        make dep
        make uImage

When I powerup the board I see the following (only USB specific):

        SCSI subsystem driver Revision: 1.00
        usb.c: registered new driver usbdevfs
        usb.c: registered new driver hub
        host/usb-uhci.c: $Revision: 1.275 $ time 13:23:34 Aug 25 2009
        host/usb-uhci.c: High bandwidth mode enabled
        host/usb-uhci.c: v1.275:USB Universal Host Controller Interface driver
        host/usb-ohci.c: USB OHCI at membase 0xf0001000, IRQ 44
        host/usb-ohci.c: usb-0, Built-In ohci
        usb.c: new USB bus registered, assigned bus number 1
        Product: USB OHCI Root Hub
        SerialNumber: f0001000
        hub.c: USB hub found
        hub.c: 2 ports detected
        usb.c: registered new driver hid
        hid-core.c: v1.8.1 Andreas Gal, Vojtech Pavlik <vojtech at suse.cz>
        hid-core.c: USB HID support drivers
        usb.c: registered new driver serial
        usbserial.c: USB Serial Driver core v1.4
        Initializing USB Mass Storage driver...
        usb.c: registered new driver usb-storage
        USB Mass Storage support registered.

After the boot process is finished, I get the message:

hub.c: Cannot enable port 2 of hub 1, disabling port.
hub.c: Maybe the USB cable is bad?

I use a Transcend JetFlash 1GB usb-stick. But I have the same problem with two other sticks.
Strange is that on all 3 sticks the LED on the stick itself is not on. If I attach the stick on my laptop
the LED on the stick are on.
The known problem with USB LED on the board is fixed.

Has anyone an idea why usb not works fine?

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards

Thomas Seeh