[ELDK] How to add a pre-built software and all relative libraries to the rootfs ?

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Sat Feb 7 00:25:42 CET 2009

Dear "Frederic Leger",

In message <58743.195.220.37.35.1233954776.squirrel at 172.20.253.25> you wrote:

> I appologize, I am a new user of ELDK. I switched on because of a new
> project on Xilinx PPC440. I was using previously Buildroot/Busybox on
> Xilinx PPC405.
>
> I already read your DULG carefully (I think)

Excellent  :-)

> Can you tell me please the easiest way to add a pre-build software (ie:
> gdbserver) to the ramdisk.image.gz with all its relative libraries ?
>
> At the moment I imagine only one method :
> To add ldd and gdbserver to the ramdisk.image.gz and after booting Linux
> on the target to use ldd against gdbserver to know the list of libraries
> to add to the ramdisk...(or to use ftp to put ldd and the executable
> together on the target...)

ELDK includes a cross-ldd, too: just use

	${CROSS_COMPILE}ldd file ...

As for adding the files to the ramdisk image, please see
http://www.denx.de/wiki/view/DULG/HowToAddFiles  and
http://www.denx.de/wiki/view/DULG/RootFileSystemDesignAndBuilding

And keep inmind that a ramdisk is almost always the worst thing you
can use as a rot file system - see
http://www.denx.de/wiki/view/DULG/RootFileSystemSelection

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de