[ELDK] Installation of eldk hangs

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Mon Feb 9 19:56:05 CET 2009

Dear Tom,

In message <1234196344.4487.6.camel at linux-tu2k> you wrote:
> Hi, I'm trying to install eldk under OpenSUSE 11.1. When the install
> program reaches "modutils-arm_trg", it simply hangs. It has only gone
> through about 43 of the 133 files listed in rpm_arm_trg.list. Does
> anyone have a work-around for this problem - thanks.

This is most likely the feared FUTEX issue again. Please see
http://www.denx.de/wiki/DULG/ELDKInstallationHangs  for details.

The only workaround we can recommend so far is to update your host
system and install more recent versions of the Linux kernel and/or
the glibc C library (assuming such are available for your distro; if
not, falling back to a previous version may help, too).

This is only needed for the installer, the problem does not happen
with the regular use of the ELDK.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
If you think the problem is bad now, just wait until we've solved it.
                                                        Epstein's Law