[ELDK] Problems when crosscompiling wireshark for ppc_44x

H Aslam hassan-aslam at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 10 17:21:43 CET 2009

Running fedora core 5 with denx eldk!

I'm trying to cross compile wireshark for ppc_44x. And I'm working in the wireshark source directory!
I included the paths with the librarys etc. under eldk.export CROSS_COMPILE=ppc_4xx-
PATH=$PATH:/opt/eldk/usr/bin:/opt/eldk/bin
Additionally I added these paths:
PATH=$PATH:/opt/eldk/ppc_4xx/usr/bin/

PATH=$PATH:/opt/eldk/ppc_4xx/bin

PATH=$PATH:/opt/eldk/ppc_4xx/lib

PATH=$PATH:/opt/eldk/ppc_4xx/usr/lib

Then I run./autogen.sh

the wireshark autogen.sh script gives following error message:

./autogen.sh: line 48: automake: command not found

        You must have automake 1.6 or later installed to compile Wireshark.

        Download the appropriate package for your distribution/OS,

        or get the source tarball at ftp://ftp.gnu.org/pub/gnu/automake/

I can't seem to locate automake under eldk however autoconf is located in /opt/eldk/ppc_4xx/usr/bin/autoconf. Does DENX eldk include automake?