[ELDK] Problems when crosscompiling wireshark for ppc_44x

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue Feb 10 20:25:35 CET 2009

Dear H Aslam,

In message <SNT107-W619093E6E85B3EF303F6B296BD0 at phx.gbl> you wrote:

> I'm trying to cross compile wireshark for ppc_44x. And I'm working in the wireshark source directory!
> I included the paths with the librarys etc. under eldk.export CROSS_COMPILE=ppc_4xx-
> PATH=$PATH:/opt/eldk/usr/bin:/opt/eldk/bin

OK so far.

> Additionally I added these paths:
> PATH=$PATH:/opt/eldk/ppc_4xx/usr/bin/
>
> PATH=$PATH:/opt/eldk/ppc_4xx/bin

This makes absolutely no sende. Do not do this.

> PATH=$PATH:/opt/eldk/ppc_4xx/lib
>
> PATH=$PATH:/opt/eldk/ppc_4xx/usr/lib

This makes even less sense. Do not do this.

> Then I run./autogen.sh
>
> the wireshark autogen.sh script gives following error message:
>
> ./autogen.sh: line 48: automake: command not found

Given your strange PATH settings, this is not a big surprise.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
What we anticipate seldom occurs;  what  we  least  expect  generally
happens.                                          - Bengamin Disraeli