[ELDK] HOW TO crosscompile Wireshark for embedded linux on v5fxt ppc_44x??

Vitaly Bordug vitb at kernel.crashing.org
Fri Feb 13 06:26:35 CET 2009

В Fri, 13 Feb 2009 03:02:41 +0100
H Aslam <hassan-aslam at hotmail.com> пишет:

> Running fedora core 5 with denx eldk on my host.
>
> I'm trying to cross compile wireshark for my target a ppc_44x
> (PowerPc440 - Avnet Virtex 5 FXT).I'm not sure what to do next. A BIT
> LOST!
>
> I haven't quite understood why I was referred to section 3.7.2. in
> the manual.
> http://www.denx.de/wiki/view/DULG/ELDKRebuildingComponents#Section_3.7.2.
>
> But here is what I've done up till now..
>
> I have downloaded the source code from wireshark. And I have to run
> the configure script so that I end up with only tshark.
>
> I work in the wireshark source directory and type the following
> commands:
>
> export CROSS_COMPILE=ppc_4xx-
>
> PATH=$PATH:/opt/eldk/usr/bin:/opt/eldk/bin
>
> Then I need to install the following in order to configure wireshark:
>
> yum install bison
>
> yum install flex
>
> while running the configure script (to end up with tshark):
>
> ./configure --disable-wireshark --disable-editcap --disable-capinfos
> --disable-mergecap --disable-text2pcap --disable-idl2wrs
> --disable-dftest --disable-randpkt --disable-rawsharkI get the
> following error:
>
> checking for pkg-config... no
> checking for GLIB - version >= 2.0.0... no
> *** A new enough version of pkg-config was not found.
> *** See http://www.freedesktop.org/software/pkgconfig/
> configure: error: GLib2 distribution not found.
>

> I believe that I shouldn't do a "yum install glib2-devel" as it will
> install a native version of glib2-devel. Which I guess I don't want
> to do.
>
> Should ELDK have a cross-development version of pkg-config?

Yes and no. Recent version of ELDK has glib2, but iirc does not have
any pkg-config magic per se, with proper flags set up where
appropriate.

> Is this a step in the right direction? Or does the cross compiling
> part start before these steps?
>
> I have successfully cross compiled a helloworld.c file and run it on
> the v5fxt!
>
> How do I set up a cross-building environment for a GLib-based
> application such as TShark?

I would suggest to have a look at existing srpm shipped with ELDK that
needs glib2, such as libuser, and follow the way described in spec file.

Thanks, Vitaly