[ELDK] Rebuilding ELDK-4.1-uclibc with IPv6 support

J.T. Conklin jt.conklin at xorp.net
Tue Feb 24 01:10:09 CET 2009

Hi,

I'm working on a project to get the open source XORP routing stack working
on a embedded network device.  The device manufacturer provided a SDK/BSP
based on ELDK-4.1-uclibc, and I've been successful in building the XORP
code.  However, it seems that the uclibc configuration has IPv6 disabled
(and we'd like to run the IPv6 XORP components as well).

While in the long term, it may be desirable to move to a newer ELDK version,
for now what I'd like to do use the same version and just enable IPv6.

I've read the "ELDKRebuildingComponents" wiki page, and have installed the
crosstool RPM.  I've changed the uclibc-ppc-config in
<ELDK_ROOT>/usr/src/denx/SOURCES to enable IPv6, and I thought that all I'd
have to do is to rebuild with "<ELDK_ROOT>/usr/bin/rpmbuild -ba
crosstool.spec".  But that fails trying to copy
gcc-4.0.0-glibc-2.3.5-eldk.dat, so there must be something additional needed
to select a uclibc vs. glibc environment.'

Thanks in advance for any assistance/pointers you can offer.

    --jtc