[ELDK] Rebuilding ELDK-4.1-uclibc with IPv6 support

J.T. Conklin jt.conklin at xorp.net
Wed Feb 25 18:10:04 CET 2009

On Tue, Feb 24, 2009 at 4:11 AM, Wolfgang Denk <wd at denx.de> wrote:
> Dear "J.T. Conklin",
>
> In message <6c5c8a400902231610h135a225cu88043d8ea84f041f at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:
>>
>> I've read the "ELDKRebuildingComponents" wiki page, and have installed the
>> crosstool RPM.  I've changed the uclibc-ppc-config in
>> <ELDK_ROOT>/usr/src/denx/SOURCES to enable IPv6, and I thought that all I'd
>> have to do is to rebuild with "<ELDK_ROOT>/usr/bin/rpmbuild -ba
>> crosstool.spec".  But that fails trying to copy
>> gcc-4.0.0-glibc-2.3.5-eldk.dat, so there must be something additional needed
>> to select a uclibc vs. glibc environment.'
>
> What exactly were the commands you used to do this? Did you follow
> the instructions in the manual to the letter?
>
> Did you - for example - export UCLIBC=1 ?

Hi,

Since I have not been able to track down the SRPMs in order to rebuild
ELDK 4.1 from scratch, I'm giving ELDK 4.2 a try.  This changes a few
more variables than I would like, but such is life.

Following the build instructions, I'm getting a compile problem in the
libelf library use by RPM when I compile on either Ubuntu Server or
Fedora 9.  The error appears to be related to conflicts between an
extern declaration, an inline defintion, and an out of line definition
of the dwarf_whatform() function.  If I recall correctly, there have
been changes in gcc's inline semantics that may be responsible, so I'm
hoping that using an older OS version will result in a clean rebuild.

I've checked the wiki/manual, but didn't find a mention of the
canonical build host used for ELDK builds.  I'd like to just grab the
same distribution, load it up on a VM host, and use that.

Many thanks once again,

    --jtc