[ELDK] ELDK : ppc-linux-gcc and ppc_4xxFP-gcc

renjith kumar renjithkumar at gmail.com
Thu Jan 8 10:15:00 CET 2009

hi friends,

I am a new bie to the forum ,
pls bear with me, if my questions are not fine to time.

1)
What is the difference between  these 2 compilers >> ppc-linux-gcc &
ppc_4xxFP-gcc
Or Are they both same(symbolic link). ??
If ppc_4xxFP-gcc is a Symbolic link to ppc-linux-gcc , there is nothing
wrong in Using this compiler for 440EPx ?

2).
I have got ppc-linux-* compiler at /opt/eldk/usr/bin.
I dont find the ppc_4xxFP-* suite.
I think my build process doesn't seem to be Incomplete due to some packages
are missing.

3).
I have a sequoia board  (ppc_4xxFP) and installed ELDK.
Is it necesary for me to install and build full ELDK  ?
Or can I use Prebuilt binary for this compilers for linux/u-boot/filesystems
?

some biody could gimme light onthis issue,
--
Thanks'n Regards,
Ren