[ELDK] need to use GDB/MI commands with gdb provided by ELDK4.1.

Diptopal Basu diptopal.basu at gmail.com
Mon Jul 6 09:48:29 CEST 2009

 I need to enable GDB/MI commands with ELDK 4.1 debigger for ARM , I am
doing remote debugging on an ARM board , and I have compiled a gdbserver
running on my target , right now I am not able to run the GDB/MI commands
because if I try to type some command GDB does not recognise it . I will
paste the error below.

[root at localhost Desktop]# arm-linux-gdb nick_arm
GNU gdb Red Hat Linux (6.3.0.0-1.21_3rh)
conditions.
This GDB was configured as "--host=i386-redhat-linux --target=arm-linux".
The target architecture is set automatically (currently arm)
..
(gdb) set solib-absolute-prefix /home/dbasu/ELDKtoolchainforARM/arm/lib
(gdb) set solib-search-path /home/dbasu/ELDKtoolchainforARM/arm/lib
(gdb) target remote 10.99.105.29:12345
10.99.105.29:12345: Connection refused.
(gdb) target remote 10.99.105.126:12345
Remote debugging using 10.99.105.126:12345
[New Thread 376]
0x40000a80 in ?? ()
(gdb) -break-insert main
Undefined command: "-break-insert".  Try "help".

Regards
Diptopal