[ELDK] arm-linux-x86 failure

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Jul 22 19:52:43 CEST 2009

Dear Kin Cho,

In message <cdfc7dec0907221021r482cb00ai5104379651fd100d at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:

> You're right.  I misread the CROSS_COMPILE doc as being required only for
> uboot and kernel.  Anyway, it appears only using arm-none-linux-gnueabi-gcc
> will work, arm-linux-gcc or /home/kin/eldk/usr/arm-linux/bin/gcc won't.

I can only repeat Detlev: you really should try following the manual,
and not trying random things.

ELDK 4.2 for ARM supports two valid settings of CROSS_COMPILE:
"CROSS_COMPILE=arm-linux-" and "CROSS_COMPILE=armVFP-linux-", which
maps to calls of "arm-linux-gcc" resp. "armVFP-linux-gcc".

These two forms are supported and working.

Anything else you are trying leads to undefined behaviour.

Please follow the documentation.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
I don't know if it's what you want, but it's what you get.  :-)
                      - Larry Wall in <10502 at jpl-devvax.JPL.NASA.GOV>