[ELDK] arm-linux-x86 failure

Kin Cho send.kin.mail at gmail.com
Thu Jul 23 17:59:20 CEST 2009

On Thu, Jul 23, 2009 at 8:39 AM, Detlev Zundel <dzu at denx.de> wrote:

> Hi Kin,
>
> > Sorry for my misunderstanding.
>
> You still continue to use the binaries in a form we explicitely told you
> was not supported.  This kind of lessens my incentive to answer
> subsequent questions :(

Did I misread your docs?

http://ftp.denx.de/pub/eldk/4.2/arm-linux-x86/distribution/#Section_1.5.

   - Compile a file:

   bash$ ${CROSS_COMPILE}gcc -o hello_world hello_world.c

   You can also call the cross tools using the generic prefix
*arm-linux-*for example:

   bash$ arm-linux-gcc -o hello_world hello_world.c

   - or, equivalently:

   bash /opt/eldk/usr/arm-linux/bin/gcc -o hello_world hello_world.c

> > Actually what I really need is to generate an ARM, rather than a "UNIX -
> > System V" elf executable (as in OS/ABI shown by readelf), however, ELDK
> > seems to be missing C runtime objects to support it:
>
> Wolfgang answered that, but I'm curious?  Why *exactly* would you need
> such object files?

You mean why some kernels are still configured to only support ARM OS/ABI?
I don't know either.  Legacy issue, I suppose.

-kin