[ELDK] Cross toolchain for building for a linux 2.4 kernel

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu Jul 30 00:16:54 CEST 2009

Dear caio,

In message <4A70B626.7000103 at gmail.com> you wrote:

> > In message <423b02220907251441h6ca46bd6o50e4ba31516ce180 at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:
> >> I have an powerpc machine running kernel 2.4. I can't upgrade the kernel to
> >> 2.6. Can I use ELDK (which version) for building executables for it?
> >
> > The "official" recommendation is to use ELDK 3.1.1 with 2.4 kernels;
> > ELDK 4.0 should still work reasonably well, unless you're trying
> > exotic things. Later ELDK releases will probably cause trouble.
>
> is ELDK version 3.1 (Build 2004-11-10) well enough for ppc_8xx?
> otherwise from where can i fetch the latest 3.1.x version?

It works pretty well, but as I wrote above, the  recommended  version
is  3.1.1.  And you find it like any other version: on our FTP server
at ftp.denx.de:/pub/eldk/ and on the listed mirror sites.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
The biggest difference between time and space is that you can't reuse
time.                                                 - Merrick Furst