[ELDK] How to build kernel and apps

camel joe camel4joe at gmail.com
Wed Jun 10 18:35:27 CEST 2009

Hi,

Can someone kindly tell me how to build the kernel and applications
from the sources?

I am new here with DENX ELDK.  I am currently learning to compile the
kernel and applications for AMCC Makalu Board (using PPC405EX).  I
have gone through the DENX web site but I am uable to figure out how
to do it.

FYI, I have installed ELDK 4.2 in my Fedora Linux box, and previously
I successfully built uClinux kernel and apps with other architectures,
and I feel comfortable working with Linux systems.

Thanks,

--Joe