[ELDK] Mount NFS problem

Detlev Zundel dzu at denx.de
Wed Jun 24 11:36:41 CEST 2009

Hi Zaahir,

> Hi Detlev,
>
> Thanks for your support.
>
> I am trying to make my PC as the NFS client and sequoia board as the NFS
> server.

Oh I see - thanks for clearing this up.  Somehow I always presumed you
want to use it the other way round ;)

> For testing the NFS  server, in future some other sequoia boards will be
> client instead of PC.

In that case it shouldn't make much of a difference.  The test case I
mentioned is normally a pretty good test case before bringin an embedded
board into the game which may have problems in multiple places.  So
usually before debugging on the embedded system, I ensure that my setup
works with regular distributions.

> Mounting problem got solved.......
>
> none                    /proc/fs/nfsd   nfsd    auto,defaults   0 0
>
> I added the above line to server /etc/fstab .

Oh, I see.  How did you learn that?  Did any error message indicate this
was the problem?

> This line was already there in client fstab.
>
> May be helpful to somebody  facing the same problem.

Indeed, thanks.

Cheers
  Detlev

--
vi vi vi - the roman numeral of the beast.