[ELDK] Duplicaing Root Filesystem from NFS to Harddrive?

camel joe camel4joe at gmail.com
Wed Jun 24 22:26:06 CEST 2009

Hi,

Can someone here help me with some ideas?

My Goal: after successfully setting up DENX linux running on AMCC
Kilauea board with a harddrive working, I'd like to duplicate the root
filesystem from the NFS server to the attached harddrive.

My situation:  I am unable to make it work, majorly due to messed up
kernel booting.  The following are what I have tried:

1. Within root login of DENX Linux running on the board, I did
       cp -a   /    /mnt/disk
(got some errors when copying files under /proc)

2. Modified file /mnt/disk/fstab as follows:
/dev/sda1                /               ext3    noatime        0 1
none                    /proc           proc    defaults        0 0
sysfs                   /sys            sysfs   defaults        0 0

3. modified bootargs to contain   "root=/dev/sda1 rw", where sda1 is
the harddrive for /mnt/disk mentioned above.

4. Then tried reboot, got it up partially, was able to telnet in, but
some applications could not function normally.

What else I should do to make it work?

Thanks,

--Joe