[ELDK] Duplicaing Root Filesystem from NFS to Harddrive?

Detlev Zundel dzu at denx.de
Thu Jun 25 10:38:20 CEST 2009

Hi Joe,

> I managed to duplicate the root filesystem again to the hard disk, and
> it seems working fine now.

Out of curiosity - what was the problem?

> Now a new question, Is it possible to let U-boot boot up the kernel
> that is stored in the hard disk?

You would need a driver in U-Boot for your harddisk controller.
Checking current sources I can only find a driver for a sil3114
(drivers/block/sata_sil3114.c) which I do not know much about.  Let's
see - it is used only by one board - MPC8349ITX.  That processor only
has PCI, so not only is the driver not for the specific device, it was
obviously only tested on PCI - but it may be a start anyway.

You could ask Timur Tabi (timur at freescale dot com) being the
maintainer for this board for more detail...

Cheers
  Detlev

--
You see, the best way to solve a problem is to rigorously define it in
terms of other people's problems, and then run away quickly.