[ELDK] Rebuilding target package!

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Sun Mar 1 19:52:22 CET 2009

Dear H Aslam,

In message <SNT107-W29773AB8FCA5FC950C626596A80 at phx.gbl> you wrote:

> > > See `config.log' for more details.
> > ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> >
> > You should probably do that. Then try and seed the config tool with
> > correct config information for the target (ac_cv_* settings, see other
> > spec files).
> > > checking whether the C compiler works... configure: error: cannot run C compiled programs.
>
> I'm guessing that this is the main problem?

That's actually not a real problem, but to  be  expected  in  such  a
cross  development  environment.  You  must  manually provide correct
settings for  the  ac_cv_*  variables  where  the  configure  scripts
attempts  to  run  test code. Yes, this *is* a tedious procedure. You
probably just start realizing how much effort was needed to port allt
he existing 150+ packages to the ELDK ;-)

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
: 1.  What is the possibility of this being added in the future?
In the near future, the probability is close to zero. In the  distant
future, I'll be dead, and posterity can do whatever they like... :-)
                                                              - lwall