[ELDK] Building ELDK 4.2 for MIPS

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Mar 11 21:27:16 CET 2009

Dear Gianni,

In message <200903110936.14054.nasus.maximos at gmail.com> you wrote:

> I'm following the instructions I found in the site "3.9. Rebuilding the ELDK
> from Scratch", although I found that page to be a bit outdated since I had to
> things slightly differently (i.e. the git command is 'git clone' instead of
> 'git-clone' and ELDK_BUILD uses '-a' for the target architecture instead of '-
> d').

You know - it's a wiki - you could fix all these deficiencies
yourself...

"git-clone" should still work in all decent Linux distributions; for
example, Fedora installs all these links.

The "-d" must have been a typo - I fixed this now.

> I also had to add an extra option in
> eldk-4.2/build/cross_rpms/crosstool/SPECS/crosstool.spec at line 332:
>
>   BINUTILS_EXTRA_CONFIG="--disable-werror"
>   export BINUTILS_EXTRA_CONFIG
>
> because I was getting a gcc warning that caused the build to fail.  Maybe this
> is because I had the 'wrong' distribution/gcc?

Probably.

> Anyway, I'll first retry everything on RH 7.3 then I'll report back.

Thanks for the feedback.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
There's no honorable way to kill, no gentle way to destroy.  There is
nothing good in war.  Except its ending.
	-- Abraham Lincoln, "The Savage Curtain", stardate 5906.5