[ELDK] Problems rebuilding ELDK-4.1 from scratch (RCS keyword expansion)

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Sat Mar 21 00:47:26 CET 2009

Dear "J.T. Conklin",

In message <6c5c8a400903181907v6254719yebe704f160fe1175 at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:

> These patches are applied to SRPMs.  But when the SRPMs are unpacked,
> those source files have RCS Id's with contents (like $Id: ... $)
> instead of $Id$,  and those won't match what's expected by the patch.
> So the patch utility will fail to apply the patch, and then the build
> stops with an error.

It seems you are right - in the git reporsitory, all the ID strings
are gone. I think something went wrong when we imported the old CVS
repository into git. I will have to figure out how this can be
mended. This may take a little while. Sorry.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
"I've finally learned what `upward compatible' means. It means we get
to keep all our old mistakes." - Dennie van Tassel