[ELDK] building linux with xenomai for powerpc

Yigal Goldberger yigal_gold at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 26 11:19:25 CET 2009

Hi All,

I'll try to be as accurate as I can.
Yesterday I downloaded ELDK 4.2 from DENX site and Installed it.
I want to build a Xenomai enabled kernel.
I saw that my kernel is 2.6.24-xenomai and that's what I'm trying to build.
My target is freescale quicc II (MPC8248) and I want to start by building a Xenomai enabled kernel for a target board as close as possible to my custom board.
I know from the old build we had that the defconfig that was used to build the kernel was ads8272_defconfig ( I hope some research was done before choosing it... )
It probebly was sufficiently close since it worked fine with some configuraions and changes .

My board has 2 flash chips AMD29LV256ML (from which one is the boot memory) , 4SDRAM chips  48LC32M16A2 an FPGA from Xilinx with some logic as a peripheral device and that's about it.
It should comunicate with a host PC via Ethernet or via RS-232 serial com.

I'd like to get the following assistance :

A) help in building the kernel as is for this target board without changes .
B) hints as to how and where should modifications and changes be made to port to a custom board .

BTW :
Currently I did :
> make ads8272_defconfig
> make uImage

and I'm failing on :
  CC      drivers/net/fs_enet/mac-fcc.o
drivers/net/fs_enet/mac-fcc.c: In function 'fcc_cr_cmd':
drivers/net/fs_enet/mac-fcc.c:85: error: implicit declaration of function 'cpm_command'
make[3]: *** [drivers/net/fs_enet/mac-fcc.o] Error 1
make[2]: *** [drivers/net/fs_enet] Error 2
make[1]: *** [drivers/net] Error 2
make: *** [drivers] Error 2

Best Regards,
Yigal Goldberger.