[ELDK] Problem installing eldk 4.1 arm

Gerhard Uttenthaler uttenthaler at ems-wuensche.com
Thu Mar 26 18:09:24 CET 2009

Hello,

I have a problem getting eldk 4.01 installed on my computer(s)

After downloading "arm-2007-01-22-uclibc.iso" and loop-mounting this
image, I tried from my home directory /home/eldk to install:

/mnt/install -v -d /home/eldk/usr

It gave me the following output:

"/home/eldk/usr/bin/rpm -ihv --nodeps mnt/RPMS/rpm-4.4.1-21_5.i386.rpm
warning: Package rpm built on native i386 architecture, disabling
install scripts."

This two lines are repeated for a lot of different packages.

Because the directory structure, which has been set up is only
slightly filled, I wonder, if everything went ok. At least I had
expected to find a compiler afterwards, but:

find . -name *gcc*

delivers no results.

I have this behavior on my Suse 10.3 Desktop and on my Suse 11.0
Laptop. On both are 32bit versions installed.

Thank you for any hints!

Gerhard
--
EMS Dr. Thomas Wuensche e.K.