[ELDK] Problem installing eldk 4.1 arm

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu Mar 26 21:11:53 CET 2009

Dear Gerhard Uttenthaler,

In message <49CBB6C4.90807 at ems-wuensche.com> you wrote:

> I have a problem getting eldk 4.01 installed on my computer(s)

Ther eis no such version as 4.01; you mean 4.1, I guess?

> After downloading "arm-2007-01-22-uclibc.iso" and loop-mounting this
> image, I tried from my home directory /home/eldk to install:
>
> /mnt/install -v -d /home/eldk/usr
>
> It gave me the following output:
>
> "/home/eldk/usr/bin/rpm -ihv --nodeps mnt/RPMS/rpm-4.4.1-21_5.i386.rpm
> warning: Package rpm built on native i386 architecture, disabling
> install scripts."
>
> This two lines are repeated for a lot of different packages.

This looks not good.

> I have this behavior on my Suse 10.3 Desktop and on my Suse 11.0
> Laptop. On both are 32bit versions installed.

What does "uname -a" report on these systems? What does your PATH look
like?

Umm... is there any specific reason for using that old version, and
not the current ELDK 4.2 release?

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Bankers do it with interest (penalty for early withdrawal).