[ELDK] ELDK, UCLIBC, and C++ exceptions

J.T. Conklin jt.conklin at xorp.net
Sat Mar 28 14:09:56 CET 2009

Hi,

Now that I've got past problems enabling IPv6 in ELDK 4.1 (using
uClibc) on my ppc_85xx target, I ran into another where C++ exceptions
result in an abort().

Does anyone know whether this problem exists with ELDK 4.2 when
configured/built with uClibc?  Based on what little investigation I've
done so far, upgrading may be an easier option than fixing ELDK 4.1's
gcc configuration to get exception unwinding working.

Unfortunately, using ELDK's glibc version (where I've confirmed
exceptions work) is a difficult option to consider now because its
additional footprint takes me over my flash budget and I have third
party objects that were built against uclibc.

Many thanks in advance,

    --jtc