[ELDK] Problems in kernel init while using busybox on ELDK 4.2

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed May 27 11:04:20 CEST 2009

Dear Diptopal Basu,

In message <bd97640b0905270158h3984788cndd71967c075bc5c at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:

> We are facing problems with kernel init , while using busybox 1.13.4 . I
> will put down the problem stepwise .

It does not help if you describe problems without giving *any*
details.

>    1. I am compiling busybox 1.13.4 with ELDK 4.2 statically .

Why are you doing this? Did you for example try if the normnal
approach, i. e. using standard shared glibc, behaves differently?

>   2. I am compiling Linux kernel 2.6.26.5 for AT91RM9200 board with ELDK 4.2
> .

Did you verify that this kernel works at all on your hardware?

>   3. Now I am trying to run the kernel on the board  and getting a *kernel
> panic . *

And where exactly is the kernel crashing? What makes you sure it is
related to busybox?

You never provide any details to your poroblems. I already pointed you
to the very instructive "How To Ask Questions The Smart Way" document.

If you ignore all such hints, and if you continue to provide no usable
details, you will be ignored because nobody can help you.

> However please note that all of the above goes through fine on *ELDK 4.1*

Such a statement is worthless if you do not provide any details we
could compare, like the boot log of the working and of the crashing
system, etc.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing,  but it is not  one
half so bad as a lot of ignorance.   - Terry Pratchett, _Equal Rites_