[ELDK] RFSB Issues

Jonathan Haws Jonathan.Haws at sdl.usu.edu
Thu Sep 10 17:37:15 CEST 2009

Hi Detlev,

> > I am trying to create a rootfs filesystem that includes the
> Xenomai
> > user-space support libraries.
>
> Ah, uh.  Seems, you're the first person to test this ;)

Good to know.

> > When I configure the rootfs and include
> > Xenomai, I get the following output:
> >
> > Current target list is
> > /home/jhaws/sdlppc/rfsb/build/images/image.ext2
> > /home/jhaws/sdlppc/rfsb/build/images/uRamdisk
> > rm -rf /home/jhaws/sdlppc/rfsb/build/* status
> > Cleaning /home/jhaws/sdlppc/rfsb/build
> > Populating /home/jhaws/sdlppc/rfsb/build with directories
> > Using SELF skeleton from 'config/skeleton/self' to populate file
> > system
> > 2 blocks
> > cpio: usr/local/xenomai/kbuild: Cannot stat: No such file or
> directory
> > cpio: usr/local/xenomai/kbuild/include: Cannot stat: No such file
> or
> > directory
>

> [...]
>
> > The issue appears to be that the Xenomai that I built from source
> does
> > not contain the kbuild/ directory.  Is that needed?  Is there a
> way to
> > get rid of those warnings?
>
> Actually I have to check the situation, but somehow, there is a
> discrepancy between whet our ELDK rpm knows and what is actually in
> your
> rootfs hierarchy.  If this info is not in sync, there *will* be
> errors.
>
> > Next, the "could not resolve 'libXXXXX.so.1'" warnings - those
> > libraries exist in eldk/ppc_4xx/usr/local/xenomai, but not in
> > eldk/ppc_4xx/lib.  Shouldn't the Makefile know where the Xenomai
> > libraries are?  What is the correct way to specify that?  Should I
> > just make a symlink to them in lib?  That seems like a kludge to
> me.
>
> Well the Makefile currently does not know about /usr/local/xenomai.
> You
> can try the attached patch.

FYI, I did use my kludge and created symlinks.  That seems to work okay for now.  I will try the patch as well (after removing the links).

> > Finally, the error with genext2fs fails because I have not given
> > enough blocks.  However, I do not want a 16MB ramdisk image
> either.  I
> > have found that by removing the locales in
> > build/rootfs/usr/share/locale helps.  But where are those pulled
> from?
> > How can I specify the locale I want?
>
> Currently I fear you can't.  Let me see how this can be handled in
> anice way...

It would be nice to be able to specify a locale in the configuration.  That way you can save 1 MB of space in your ramdisk (and on a machine without a lot of memory that is really nice). :)

Thanks, Detlev, for all your help!

Jonathan