[ELDK] string comparison Problem - ELDK version differences

Detlev Zundel dzu at denx.de
Fri Apr 9 14:36:23 CEST 2010

Hi Thirumalai,

> I started to disassemble both u-boot.elf [ELDK4.0 generated and ELDK-4.2
> generated] file and compared both strcmp and printf function. There we found
> one difference that on printf function of ELDK-4.2 generated elf is having
> an extra statement to clear the condition register.
>
> So as a first step we included one clear statement in the code.
>
> Then there was no exception. I don't know exactly what it means.

So to sum up, you see a problem with ELDK 4.0 which is fixed in 4.2,
correct?

> Kindly let me know the changes.

The changes from ELDK 4.0 to 4.2 that may hit you seem to be in the
compiler, so basically it's the difference between a 4.0.0 and a 4.2.2
gcc.  Those changes alone are pretty massive.

Now one could indeed start to look for the actual problem, but what does
that yield?  Why don't you simply use ELDK 4.2 and be happy?  It seems
you are not even using GNU/Linux, so your application should easily be
compilable with ELDK 4.2 also.

I don't think investing time into an old toolchain is a particularly
good idea.

Cheers
  Detlev

--