[ELDK] [Possiblement un polluriel (SPAM)] - GDB hangs on PPC405

hamelin.philippe at ireq.ca hamelin.philippe at ireq.ca
Tue Apr 13 17:19:01 CEST 2010

Hello,

i'm using Xilinx Kernel (2.6.33) on a PPC405 (ML403) and I'm having
problem using gdb. I created a hello world application and it runs fine.
However, i'm not able to debug any application. I'm using gdb from ELDK
4.2. Here is what I get while running gdb from the target:

# gdb hello
GNU gdb Red Hat Linux (6.7-1rh)
<http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html> <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html%3E>

There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law.  Type "show
copying"
and "show warranty" for details.
This GDB was configured as "ppc-linux"...
Using host libthread_db library "/lib/libthread_db.so.1".
(gdb) set arch auto
The target architecture is set automatically (currently powerpc:common)
(gdb) run
Starting program: /apps/hello

Then, gdb (and the processor) hangs. The same behaviour arises when
using gdbserver on the target with gdb on the host. Any help is very
welcome!

Philippe Hamelin