[ELDK] Recent valgrind on libc 2.6, ELDK 4.2 (ppc_4xx) ?

Stefan Strobl nst at gersys.de
Fri Apr 23 16:27:14 CEST 2010

Hi

I'm also having trouble compiling valgrind under ELDK-4.2.

When building valgrind-3.5.0 natively on MPC5200 it fails with:

Error: Unrecognized opcode: `stvx'

Error: Unrecognized opcode: `vspltisw'

Error: Unrecognized opcode: `mtvscr'

Error: Unrecognized opcode: `vspltisw'

Error: Unrecognized opcode: `vspltisw'

Error: Unrecognized opcode: `vsldoi'

Error: Unrecognized opcode: `mfvscr'

Error: Unrecognized opcode: `vand'

Error: Unrecognized opcode: `vspltw'

Error: Unrecognized opcode: `vcmpequw.'

Error: Unrecognized opcode: `lvx'

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong? Do I need newer binutils?
Did anyone succeed in building valgrind on 5200 with eldk-4.2?

Many thanks
Stefan.