[ELDK] Not able to mount USB stick on ELDK 4.2 compiled filesystem

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Aug 11 15:40:24 CEST 2010

Dear Ratheendran R,

In message <AANLkTim-S+ZGK60DWent8Yxj6=gYNJH8A+zOw6p+gB7H at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:

> > Sorry for not make this clear in my first mail.
> root_qtopia.tar.gz is the file given by the Board manufacturer with
> precompiled busybox and libraries.

Bew careful. Unless the board manufacturer also used the ELDk (and the
same version) to create these binaries and libraries, these are most
likely incompatible with the ELDK provided libraries.

You better rebuild all the stuff from the sources.

> > > Now when I try to mount the USB to file system,I get the below message.
> > >      mount /dev/sda1 /media/
> > >      mount: mounting /dev/sda1 on /media/ failed: No such file or
> > directory.
> > Well, isn't the error message clear enough? Does the mount point
> > /media/ exist in your file system?
> >
> > "/media" mount point exist in my system.

And does /dev/sda1 exist?

[This is BusyBox "mount", right? The "normal" mount command would
issue other error messages, like "mount: you must specify the
filesystem type" when the device does not exist or is not readable,
and "mount: mount point XXX does not exist" if the mount point is
inaccessable.]

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
grep me no patterns and I'll tell you no lines.