[ELDK] Not able to mount USB stick on ELDK 4.2 compiled filesystem

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu Aug 12 10:18:34 CEST 2010

Dear Ratheendran R,

In message <AANLkTi=raSM2AbYm8ueRC5soO50hyPfCJk_zRU64bbQn at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:

> when I type "fdisk -l" on telnet command promt, I get the below response.
> However "/dev/sda1" is not appearing in filesystem.

Are you running udev in your root file system? Do you run start_udev
then?

Or do you want to use devtmpfs? Then did you enable the
CONFIG_DEVTMPFS kernel config option?

Or are you using statically initalized device nodes? Did you add an
entry for /dev/sda and /dev/sda1 to your root file system?

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Philosophy:  A route of many roads leading from nowhere to nothing.
- Ambrose Bierce