[ELDK] Building uImage with latest kernel

Jonathan Haws Jonathan.Haws at sdl.usu.edu
Mon Aug 30 16:25:03 CEST 2010

I checked out the latest kernel last week (2.6.36-rc2) and was trying to build
 an image for booting with U-Boot.  However, the normal uImage target is
apparently no longer available.  The default zImage builds just fine.  Here
is the command output:

jhaws at e14998 ~/svn/duster/EmbeddedLinux/linux-2.6 $ make ARCH=
powerpc CROSS_COMPILE=ppc_4xx- uImage
make: *** No rule to make target `uImage'.  Stop.

Is my ELDK installation broken?  Do I need to update it or reinstall it?  I
doubt that is the case because the older kernel I have checked out is
building just fine.

Thoughts?

Thanks,

Jonathan