[ELDK] Not able to Uncompress Multi Image

Detlev Zundel dzu at denx.de
Mon Aug 30 18:42:04 CEST 2010

Hi Zoolu,

> Thanks for your reply. yes same u-boot versions are used on the board.
>
> We have built 2 multi images and trying to boot on both boards.
>
> Image 1 boots on both boards fine and no problem.
>
> Image 2 boots on one board and stops uncompressing multi-image on 2nd board.
>
> Both Image1 and Image 2 are built out of same code base. So we do not
> undertstand what would be the difference as the 2nd board boots image 1
> successfully.
>
> I also tried to verify the CRC and it is all fine.... On 2nd board it stops
> throwing out "Uncompressing Multi-File Image ..."
>
> Do let us know if there are any other methods !! ( We have 256 MB Ram and i am
> using 0x4000000 for download).

Well the obvious method is to attach a JTAG debugger and step through
the code.

If you don't have such a debugger it will be more complicated, but you
can try to use the "poor man debugger", i.e. printf statements in the
code.

The other method is to think again what differences there are between
both boards.  If they behave differently, then there have to be
differences.  If the software is completely the same, then maybe the
sequence of events before you boot the image is different.  Try to
execute _exactly_ the same commands from power-on-reset and note any
differenc in output.

Sorry, this is as much as we can do from the distance.

Cheers
  Detlev

--
The structure of a system reflects the structure of the organization
that built it.