[ELDK] How to compile sqlite?

Michael Steiger mslists at infoworks.at
Wed Dec 1 11:57:33 CET 2010

On 01.12.2010 11:00 Stefano Babic said the following:
> On 12/01/2010 10:28 AM, Michael Steiger wrote:
>> Hello!
>>
>> I need to use sqlite on our PPC85xx platform.
>> I found
>> eldk/ppc_85xx/usr/lib/libsqlite3.so.0.8.6
>> eldk/ppc_85xx/usr/lib/libsqlite3.so.0
>> eldk/ppc_85xx/usr/lib/libsqlite3.so
>> as version 3.1.2 of sqlite3.
>>
>> But I could not find any SRPM for this library
>
> They are part of the rpm libraries and you should find them in
> rpm-4.4.2-46.src.rpm.
Thanks, one of the places I did not look yet. ;-)

After unpacking all this I can see that the included
configure/configure.ac/Makefile.in/... are different than the current
sqlite ones.
Is this a modification done by you (ELDK team)?
It seems I need to move theses changes to the current code (3.7.3)

>> So I tried to cross-compile it myself. Did not work.
>
> Cross-compiling is some times tricky..
I know

>> I found a few entries in Google about this topic but they did not help
>> either.
>>
>> Has anyone already did that?
>
> If you have not yet seen, you could have some hints here:
>
> http://www.denx.de/wiki/view/DULG/ELDKRebuildingComponents
I already know that but this does not help when trying to cross-compile
a plain source package instead of an ELDK-supplied source RPM.

Greetings from snowy Vienna
Michael