[ELDK] Selecting and compiling modules

Anatolij Gustschin agust at denx.de
Fri Dec 3 14:53:40 CET 2010

On Fri, 3 Dec 2010 14:21:11 +0100
Pitch Klein <pitchklein at gmail.com> wrote:
> It seems that I can't use menuconfig, because I don't have ncurses libraries
> installed. Before I try to install them on my own, is there any difference
> with "config"?? because it seems I can run that, althoguh there are many
> many options and I often don't know what to choose. I'm guessing pressing
> [Enter] leaves each variable as it was and lead to the next one. Is that
> right?

One difference is that it is more convenient to use menuconfig.
Yes, the default value is selected if you press ENTER.
But it is esier to install ncurses package and then to use menuconfig
than using "config".

Please try to install ncurses and ncurses-devel packages using the
package installation tool of your Linux distribution, it should not
be too hard, assuming you are running a common Linux distribution on
your development host.

Best regards,
Anatolij

Phone: +49-8142-66989-0 Fax: +49-8142-66989-80  Email: office at denx.de