[ELDK] Network packet filtering

Luigi Rizzi rizzi at algorab.com
Fri Dec 3 12:32:22 CET 2010

Hello,
on my system , a TQM885D module with U-boot 1.3.0-rc2 and kernel 2.4.25, I need some network packet filtering capability.
First of all I recompiled the kernel with "Network Packet Filtering" option enabled.
Than, according to DULG document, I downloaded the package  iptables 1.3.8-2, installed and rebuilt the RPM with:
${CROSS_COMPILE}rpm -iv <package_name>.src.rpm
${CROSS_COMPILE}rpmbuild -ba <package_name>.spec

At the end of this process I found in /sbin  iptables, and in /lib a /iptables directory.
I copied this files on my target system, but when I tried to use iptables I found:
./lib/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.4' not found (required by ./iptables)

On DULG I found that crosstool 0.43 target package provides glibc 2.6.
Could you tell me if I have to download and build also this package?

Thanks,
Luigi