[ELDK] Network packet filtering

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Fri Dec 3 13:07:42 CET 2010

Dear Luigi,

In message <28EC12D487C391468508F50C4A67A23901B3F1C3CE84 at ermes.algorab.eu> you wrote:

> on my system , a TQM885D module with U-boot 1.3.0-rc2 and kernel 2.4.25, I
> need some network packet filtering capability.
> First of all I recompiled the kernel with "Network Packet Filtering" option
>  enabled.
> Than, according to DULG document, I downloaded the package  iptables 1.3.8-
> 2, installed and rebuilt the RPM with:
> ${CROSS_COMPILE}rpm -iv <package_name>.src.rpm
> ${CROSS_COMPILE}rpmbuild -ba <package_name>.spec

Hm... You don't mention which version of the ELDk you are using, but
given the fact that you are using very old (read: hopelessly obsolete)
versions of U-Boot and Linux, you are probably using an old ELDK
version as well?

> On DULG I found that crosstool 0.43 target package provides glibc 2.6.
> Could you tell me if I have to download and build also this package?

I recommend you just install a recent version (release 4.2) of the
ELDK; this already contains the iptables package, so there is no need
to build anything.

But again: I strongly recommend to update both U-Boot and Linux as
well. [You will need a 2.6 Linux kernel for ELDK 4.2].

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
"The whole world is about three drinks behind."     - Humphrey Bogart