[ELDK] eldk4.2 Attempted to kill init

zzs213 zzs213 at 126.com
Sat Dec 11 07:23:01 CET 2010

I use a ramdisk to boot the kernel, The ramdisk image is copy from eldk4.2/arm/images/uRamdisk. My kernel version is 2.6.28
It's ok before try to run init. when run init a oop occur:

at91_rtc at91_rtc: setting system clock to 1998-01-01 00:02:38 UTC (883612958)
VFS: Mounted root (ext2 filesystem).
Freeing init memory: 116K

I know this is not because of the init process, It's actully because of the so loader: ld-2.6.so which come from eldk4.2.
I verify this by make a small rootfs which just copy some file from eldk4.1 and the kernel boot sucessful.

Examine the vmlinux which compiled using eldk4.2 by arm-linux-readelf we can see

Flags:                             0x602, has entry point, GNU EABI, software FP, VFP

and check ld-2.6.so which in eldk4.2 it says:

 Flags:                             0x4000002, has entry point, Version4 EABI

why vmlinux is not Version4 EABI. Is this source of th oops!!