[ELDK] crond not working

Stefano Babic sbabic at denx.de
Fri Feb 26 17:01:44 CET 2010

Germano Barreiro wrote:

> root at cbc:/root:# ls -la /etc/crontab
> -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 26 Dec 31  1969 /etc/crontab
>
> ... things dint work yet. This is not really a problem anymore since I
> can use an user crontab for the purpose of my system, and I'm posting
> this just as something that can be of general interest.

It runs flawlessy, but you forget to add the "user" field in your
crontab - check with your linux PC.

I tried with:

SHELL=/bin/sh
PATH=/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin
# m  h  D  M  w  cmd
*/1  *  *  *  *  root  /root/mestre

mestre is the example written by Wolfgang. Each minute you will get an
entry in /tmp/logfile.

Regards,
Stefano Babic

Phone: +49-8142-66989-0 Fax: +49-8142-66989-80  Email: office at denx.de