[ELDK] compilation error while compiling with eldk 4.2 in linux 2.6.15

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu Jan 7 11:30:41 CET 2010

Dear suchita,

In message <4B45636D.4060506 at cdotb.ernet.in> you wrote:

>          i am using arm9 based fujitsu card . I compiled linux-2.6.15
> with eldk4.2 and ported .i want to put a module in which i used floating
> point operations .
>
> While compiling these errors are coming :

This is not a surprise actually. There is no support for FP operations
in the Linux kernel. [Note that this is a design decision of the Linux
kernel; it has nothing to do with the ELDK or any other tool chain.]
Please move your calculations to user space instead.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
The complexity of software is an essential property, not an  acciden-
tal  one. Hence, descriptions of a software entity that abstract away
its complexity often abstract away its essence.    - Fred Brooks, Jr.