[ELDK] AMCC Kilauea and Xenomai : IP-Config 'eth0' not found

Tim Cussins timcussins at eml.cc
Wed Jan 20 19:38:20 CET 2010

hey all,

I've got an AMCC Kilauea development kit, and intend to get Xenomai
working. (I'm using Ubuntu 9.10 and ELDK 4.2 and everything is working
smoothly, cheers DENX!)

However ;)

I've compiled a xenomai enabled kernel using the sources in
$ELDK_INSTALL/ppc4xx/usr/src/linux-2.6.24-xenomai. I had to cheat and
set ARCH=powerpc to coax it :) Does this sound reasonable? I saw it
mentioned here:

http://lists.denx.de/pipermail/eldk/2009-March/000676.html

My setup involves using an nfs share as root - this works fine for the
normal (non-xenomai) kernel.

I can load the kernel using tftp, and pass the in-flash flattened device
tree to the bootm command. The kernel boots successfully until it
attempts to configure 'eth0' - and can't find it, apparently...

     IP-Config 'eth0' not found

Any thoughts on where to go from here?

I've tried using dtc to compile my own dtb using kilauea.dts in the
kernel source tree. Same failed result. It might be worth pointing out
that the in-flash dtb and my tftp dtb are subtly different, but the
ethernet entries seem pretty much the same...

Thanks in advance,

Tim Cussins