[ELDK] AMCC Kilauea and Xenomai : IP-Config 'eth0' not found

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Jan 20 21:08:03 CET 2010

Dear Tim Cussins,

In message <1264012700.20959.21.camel at pc816> you wrote:

> I've compiled a xenomai enabled kernel using the sources in
> $ELDK_INSTALL/ppc4xx/usr/src/linux-2.6.24-xenomai. I had to cheat and
> set ARCH=powerpc to coax it :) Does this sound reasonable? I saw it
> mentioned here:

Please use current code. 2.6.24 is so old that it makes no sense
starting any work with it.

> I can load the kernel using tftp, and pass the in-flash flattened device
> tree to the bootm command. The kernel boots successfully until it
> attempts to configure 'eth0' - and can't find it, apparently...
>
>      IP-Config 'eth0' not found
>
> Any thoughts on where to go from here?

Can you please post a complete log of all commands you entered, and
the full log of the kernel boot messages?  Please also include the
output of the "printenv" command in U-Boot.

> I've tried using dtc to compile my own dtb using kilauea.dts in the
> kernel source tree. Same failed result. It might be worth pointing out
> that the in-flash dtb and my tftp dtb are subtly different, but the
> ethernet entries seem pretty much the same...

In recent kernel versions building the device tree blob is as simple
as "make kilauea.dtb"

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
To program is to be.