[ELDK] eldk arm generate shared libraries?

Germano Barreiro germano.barreiro at gmail.com
Mon Jan 25 14:08:52 CET 2010

I'm using ELDK/DENX in an ARM 11 based board, mostly succesfully
except for the fact that I'm not managing to generate shared libraries
for C code when using autoconf.
Follow the relevant output from the configure script:

(...)
checking whether the arm-linux-gcc linker
(/opt/eldk.big/usr/arm-linux-gnueabi/bin/ld) supports shared
libraries... no
(...)
checking if libtool supports shared libraries... no
checking whether to build shared libraries... no
(...)
checking whether the arm-linux-g++ linker
(/opt/eldk.big/usr/arm-linux-gnueabi/bin/ld) supports shared
libraries... yes
(...)
checking whether the arm-linux-g++ linker
(/opt/eldk.big/usr/arm-linux-gnueabi/bin/ld) supports shared
libraries... yes

I have got these when trying to compile both tslib-1.0 and splashy 0.3.13.
Any hint? Thanks.