[ELDK] How does eldk create a rootfs?

Johan eldk at fun-tech.se
Mon Jun 21 11:09:26 CEST 2010

Hi

I'm trying to understand how eldk can help me create a rootfs.

But even after I read the documentation I still don't really
understand the eldk "work flow".

Let's say I just would like to create a rootfs with
- a linux kernel
- busybox
- some config files.
- a custom application

My problem is probably that I don't really understand the idea behind
the eldk-rpm,
I got the impression that the eldk-rpm will "install files onto my rootfs".
But that don't seem to be the case.

Can someone point me in the right direction,
so I can understand how eldk can help me create a rootfs?

Thanks Johan

-----

Note:
My pc is running Ubuntu 10.04,
and my target is a i.MX31 based system.

And this is how I setup my system so far:

mkdir -p ~/DDS/eldk/
cd ~/DDS/eldk/

wget ftp://ftp.denx.de/pub/eldk/4.2/arm-linux-x86/iso/arm-2008-11-24.iso
mkdir eldk_iso/
sudo mount -o loop arm-2008-11-24.iso eldk_iso/
sudo mkdir -p /opt/eldk/
sudo chown $USER.users /opt/eldk/

cd eldk_iso/
./install -d /opt/eldk/ armVFP

echo '#DDS eldk stuff...' >> ~/.bashrc
echo 'export PATH=$PATH:/opt/eldk/usr/bin:/opt/eldk/bin' >> ~/.bashrc
echo 'export CROSS_COMPILE=armVFP-linux-' >> ~/.bashrc
echo '' >> ~/.bashrc
bash

${CROSS_COMPILE}rpm -qa
#or