[ELDK] linux-2.6.24 on mpc8xx

Stefano Babic sbabic at denx.de
Tue Mar 2 13:24:41 CET 2010

Vishwanath Patil wrote:
> Hello there,

Hi Vishwanath,

> I am Vishwanath Patil working on a custom board that runs linux-2.4.25 fine
> I am trying to port linux-2.6.24 available with the ELDK version 4.2

Don do it. Use a recent Kernel version instead. The linux-2.6.24 is only
a current snapshot at the moment ELDK was released. Take the kernel from
our git tree:
	git clone git://git.denx.de/linux-2.6-denx

> and it stops forever
> suggest me what i should be doing

Before you becomes crazy with this old stuff, you have to try directly
with the Kernel on TOT. The kernel 2.6.24 was in a stadium where the ppc
branch was not yet abandoned and the powerpc still in development. You
cannot now "choose" which branch: only the powerpc with fdt is part of
the kernel now.

Best regards,
Stefano Babic

Phone: +49-8142-66989-0 Fax: +49-8142-66989-80  Email: office at denx.de