[ELDK] x64 host for eldk, AMCC Kilauea questions

Jim Idle jimi at pktplus.com
Thu Mar 11 17:10:08 CET 2010

Just for clarification, the issues with this were:

1) The message is actually indicating that the directory does not exist. A
quick mkdir and it moves past this point. The script can be easily modified
to create the directory if it does not yet exist of course;
2) However, the script cannot then download the required RPMS because Fedora
have now moved the FC7 files under the archive rather than main directory of
their ftp site. This just requires that the ftp URLs hard coded in the
script are corrected to reflect the new FC7 location.

However, it turns out that this is irrelevant I think as the best way is to
use eldk 4.2, then replace the kernel with the latest, then carefully add
any target system updates for rpms etc. (This is just to confirm that for
the email archives).

Jim

PS: I asked markmail.org to index the eldk lists. When they do this, there
will be an archive search at eldk.markmail.org and you can link to it on
your web site. You can see an example at antlr.markmail.org