[ELDK] glibc change for eldk 3.1.1

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Fri Mar 26 20:01:39 CET 2010

Dear "Levend Sayar",

In message <115A3DE79CB94EFCB2AF95811DBBE1E6 at levendsayar> you wrote:

> So my question turns to "is there any one running openldap on ppc using 2.4 kernel ?"

Probably not any more today.

Once upon a time there was for example a release called Yellowdog
Linux 3 for PowerPC based on a 2.4.20 Linux kernel which included the
openldap-2.0.27-8 and openldap12-1.2.13-9 packages.

So I assume these must have worked at that time, even on a 2.4 kernel.
That was more than 7 years ago.

I cannot remember which specific version of openldap you are trying
to use, but if you cannot switch to a recent 2.6 kernel tree and want
to (or have to) stick with ELDK 3.1.1 then it would certainly be a
good idea to base your efforts on a version of openldap that was
close to the one used with the code ELDK 3.1.1 was based on.

Try to get hold of the old YD-3 openldap-2.0.27-8.src.rpm and
openldap12-1.2.13-9.src.rpm files and use these as a base for your
build.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
COMPONENT EQUIVALENCY NOTICE:  The  Subatomic  Particles  (Electrons,
Protons,  etc.) Comprising This Product Are Exactly the Same in Every
Measurable Respect as Those Used in the Products of Other  Manufactu-
rers,  and  No Claim to the Contrary May Legitimately Be Expressed or
Implied.